Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday

(update:Jets lost to the Colts. Artie Lange said your wife wont always screw you but the NY Jets will always screw you. They couldnt even cover the 7.5 point spread. The Saints just beat the Vikings so that makes me 0-2. The vikings had 6 fumbles and 2 interceptions but the Saints still only won by a field goal in overtime. The Saints had 3 fumbles so they need to clean things up before they play Manning and the colts. Congratulations to the Colts and the Saints. I am picking the Colts to win the super bowl.)

I promised free picks on here to go along with my youcapper picks and im picking the Jets/Vikings to be this years super bowl teams. If im wrong you only have to wait a few hours to make fun of me. The Jets remind me of the Titans and thats why you just have to get into the playoffs and anything can happen. Fisher has to stop being so conservative with the plays and stop being loyal to bad players or old players who dont have it anymore.

The Haiti Telethon made 57 million which is really impressive. I dont know how much of that will go to Wyclefs charity but he changed some of his top money people and apologized for mistakes.

Jason Whitlock talked about Mike Greenberg saying Martin Luther Coon in the quote and link below. Im surprised alot of the black gossip sites havent leaped allover this but they are too busy trying to accuse everybody of being gay. Jersey Shore had 4.8million people tune into the season finale so the cast wants a raise for season 2. The Hills and that other crap they show on MTV has a cast that makes more money with lower ratings so the Jersey Shore cast has a good point and they deserve the money. Ronnie didnt fall for the okie doke by sammie again on the reunion show. Sammie played that mind game on his when he busted her with the cop and he ended up apologizing,wth? I think we have all dated at least one person who turns everything around on you even when they do something wrong. This time sammie and Julissa the host were trying to make Ronnie think he was being insecure but he stuck to his guns because if it wasnt a big deal why did they save the secret footage? Ronnie should have stuck to his original rule of not falling in love on the jersey shore.

Intervention and Steven Segal Lawman have been good shows so far. Human Target on Fox has been a surprise hit with me. The main guy on Human Target cosigned the cheating wife and saying it wasnt her fault and she shouldnt feel bad, which I dont approve of but the rest of the show has been good. Archer on FX has been a big disappointment so maybe it will get better.

Conan Obrien did his last Tonight Show and he talked about working hard and not being cynical and dont give up on your dreams. Its a good idea on paper and im all about being positive but when life kicks you in the nuts enough times it hard to keep getting back up. I can understand both sides of the coin because Conan made it to the mountaintop so he knows what its like to reach your goals in life. I dont know what else to do but to keep fighting forward trying to get to my own version of the mountaintop. Of course the fasttrack to the top would be winning the lotto. I thought about giving up on the lottery this week but instead I decided to just cut back on the amount I spend.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/whitlock-you-may-hate-favre-now-but-you%2527ll-miss-him

"8. It's mind blowing that ESPN's Mike Greenberg could accidently say "Martin Luther Coon" on national radio and TV on Martin Luther King's national holiday and ESPN take no punitive action.

I don't have any doubt that Greenberg regrets his mistake. I don't think his error necessarily paints Greenberg as a bigot. I don't think Greenberg should lose his job. But he should be required to do more than offer up a weak written apology. A short, paid suspension was warranted.

My tongue slips all the time. It's hard for me to fathom the King to Coon slip. King to Queen, King to Ding, King to Bling and King to Ring I totally get. King to Coon is off the table.

Greenberg has no discernible talent as a radio talk show host. ESPN pays him to say nothing and keep the "Mike and Mike" brand as non-controversial as humanly possible. He screwed up."

No comments:

Post a Comment